It's February, this means it's time for quite 2 different lawn & landscape items.
1. Pruning - Get ready for some extensive pruning, this time of the year is the best time to remove overgrowth, prune fruit bearing tree's ( grapes, pears, peaches and apples ), crape myrtles, palms and many flowering shrubs like the Hibiscus (instructions below).
* How to prune a Hibiscus *
- Wait until late February or early March.
- Trim up to 1/3 of the older stems to the ground level allowing new shoots to develop and growth to renew.
- Remove any dead or unhealthy shoots.
- Give the plant a light portion of fertilizer ( low-nitrogen, blossom-booster )
- Keep soil moist with normal watering
2. Planting Annuals - The best ones to choose from as you move into the warm-season include : Marigolds, Verbena, and Salvia.